Thread: Atomic car
View Single Post

Old 03-25-2021, 06:56 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
of course... the volume/cost re individual "parts" are certainly not comparable.

BUT There is NO WAY that the individual (in my example) Nissan Versa CAR engine and transmission has the same material and labor cost VERSUS the little engine and 'belt transmission' in a Yamaha or such GOLF CART.

I could provide many more examples - assembly by assembly - CAR vs CART that blows away the 'unit volume' argument. Please - 'sinister'?
I happen to work in a factory, at least for another week. I also work with suppliers, globally. I can tell you that the first part costs all the money. Each subsequent part is dirt cheap, to the point that packaging, storage and shipment becomes a substantial portion of the cost.

Once you are tooled up and the machines start, each additional piece cost approaches zero. Furthermore, when you work with countries that manipulate their currency, you get insane imbalances.

As to sinister, Simon Bar Sinister is a cartoon character. He would do all these evil plots to steal all the money and rule the world. He was always defeated by Underdog.