Thread: Atomic car
View Single Post

Old 03-25-2021, 08:06 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
I happen to work in a factory, at least for another week. I also work with suppliers, globally. I can tell you that the first part costs all the money. Each subsequent part is dirt cheap, to the point that packaging, storage and shipment becomes a substantial portion of the cost.

Once you are tooled up and the machines start, each additional piece cost approaches zero. Furthermore, when you work with countries that manipulate their currency, you get insane imbalances.

As to sinister, Simon Bar Sinister is a cartoon character. He would do all these evil plots to steal all the money and rule the world. He was always defeated by Underdog.
so, this means -still- that with all the information and data that I COULD supply to you, that a $15,500 (or so) brand new Yamaha Golf Cart (or Atomic, etc) has the same cost/content as that 2021 Nissan Versa that I had shown? So that little single-cylinder Yamaha engine & belt transmission total manufacturing cost is the same for Yamaha as it is for that Nissan hi-tech 4 cylinder modern engine with all the latest computer-controlled devices, and complex transmission? ...So the 140,000th Nissan engine and drive train is "Dirt Cheap"???? I could provide so many more other examples - such as the gasoline tank for the Yamaha vs the Nissan. How about the windows? Safety- glass expensive windshield, rear window, 4 side windows - power - motors/switches. Automotive instrument panel - oh, heck I'll stop right there...c'mon! the CONTENT of that 2021 Yamaha or Atomic or whatever make golf car simply CANNOT compare to a similarly-MSRP-priced AUTOMOBILE. If you state that compiling the "factory costs" of ALL the components for that new golf cart is the SAME for that Automotive vehicle, please....