View Single Post

Old 04-04-2021, 05:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,188 Times in 1,938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I think you misunderstand. I am 100% in favor of everyone getting vaccinated, I am under 65 so had to wait, but now I have an appointment for tomorrow. I favor masks indoors when social distancing cannot be guaranteed.

245 years ago we sent a letter to George III delineating certain rights and freedoms that we believed in, in 1787 we immortalized them in our constitution. Most of that document limited what GOVERNMENT can and cannot do

There have been certain situations where we play loose and free with that document---wartime, pandemics, Japanese-American internment camps, pre civil rights South, etc., all in the name of "the greater good" The problem is WHO gets to decide the greater good.

You are free to argue the severity of this pandemic and quote numbers, but IMHO, compared with pandemics of the past, this is a minor event. Spanish flu 1918-19----50-100 million dead. Black Death of 1347---60% of Europe dead. Justinian plague of 541-49---30% of the population dead. I just don't believe that the draconian response that we have had so far, much less future regulations and edicts, are justified.

Bottom line: You and I are in the same book and same chapter, just on a slightly different page.
Congratulations on getting your appointment for vaccination. I really do enjoy reading your posts and have a great appreciation for your contributions to this forum. Thank you!