View Single Post

Old 04-09-2021, 06:37 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperguy View Post
OK. I'm just trying to figure out what all is in the box in the garage and what, if anything I can do to clean it up. By "I" I mean who can help me out. I know the irrigation system is in in it and the phone stuff (I don't have a land line), the cable but I stream internet from comcast. There is some kind of battery set up too. The box is so full I can't even shut it properly. Any help out there from you wizards?
It looks like someone tried to clean everything up by putting it all on that box. The cable splitter could have been put in the attic or simply left outside in it's own box; the phone should be outside in the POTS box.

I have the same irrigation system and mine is on the wall by itself and the wiring is all hidden, so no idea what happened here. People DO get bored and try to fix something that isn't broken!

The battery is probably for the irrigation timer, although the number of times you lose power is very minimal.