View Single Post

Old 04-09-2021, 07:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,747 Times in 5,255 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
A post from some time ago said the UPS at the bottom is for a CenturyLink connection. I have the box but I don't have CenturyLink; I haven't turned it off yet to see if it affects anything.

The box at the top looks like a splitter/amplifier box for your cable connection. I would guess that one of the white cables carries the connection from the street and the other carries power from the transformer below the UPS at the bottom.

If you only use one cable connection in the house to connect to your comcast modem that provides internet then you could *probably* replace the splitter box at the top. You would need to determine which of the black cables connected to the one wall connection that you use and then install male-to-male adapter to connect the white wire from the street to the black wire to the wall outlet.

I don't have the box at the top. I have exactly one cable connection in my house that is usable, the others are just hanging loose within that low voltage box. If you are using more than one cable connection inside your house then that splitter/amplifier is needed and cannot be removed.
I agree, but you don't need a splitter with 7 connections. One with only 3 connections will be much smaller.