View Single Post

Old 04-11-2021, 07:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,876 Times in 950 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaPoulin View Post
I, myself ride a bike. It is only common courtesy when riding on the sidewalks with walkers to let them know when you are coming by yelling out "On your left". Don't just assume people can hear you coming because they don't. I cant believe more accidents don't happen. And then when you ask the riders to say something, they rudely respond back. If you don't want to be bothered with warning people, then ride on the side of the road where you really belong. I wish they had a rule that all bikers are not to be on the sidewalk before 10:00 a.m. When most people are walking their dogs or walking on the sidewalks. We need to all be considerate of one another. We are so lucky in the southern area of the villages to have sidewalks and the paths on the side of the road. There's no reason for us to feel like we are taking our life in our hands when we are walking on the sidewalks. Many people I know have stopped walking for this simple reason. It's wonderful to be able to start your day off without having to worry about getting hurt while you are just trying to get some exercise.
Typical of all of these threads. Too many people think the world revolves around them.
That is everywhere including the villages.

I am surprised that two people I knew from business have bought places in the back woods. One in Vermont and another with 140 acres in North Carolina.

I expect there will be posts blaming bike riders, others blaming walkers and other golf carts and cars.

I could visit my friend in Vermont or the one in North Carolina. My back is too old for that.
I could take my mountain bike. I doubt they would be happy seeing me ride off leaving them to do work.

There are options.