Thread: Lawns Suffering
View Single Post

Old 04-13-2021, 03:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDivine View Post
I've seen some comments before about St. Augustine. Is it not allowed south of 466A?
Also we had Superior service for 3 years. Our yard looks really bad now. The Superior guy said if we kept them he could get it looking great again. I said you've had 3 years and not looking very good. Now you're trying to tell me you can fix it? I said goodbye and don't come back.
Realize, if you approach a lawn service person they will not say, the person you are using does a better job and charges less than I will.

The two common types of grass in the villages are St Augustine and Empire Zoysia. There is no such thing as a perfect grass. Each has advantages and disadvantages.

As to why they do sections in one type of grass. If, you have or want St Augustine and your neighbor has or wants Empire Zoysia. Neither grass type will stop at your property line. The mowing people are supposed to wash off their equipment between jobs so that they do not spread different grasses, weeds, disease etc. None of them do. If, they did
people would object to them opening the hydrants and leaving mangled grass in the road.

I can be highly competitive. I have been so throughout my working career. i am retired.
Good enough is good enough for me.