View Single Post

Old 04-16-2021, 08:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,096 Times in 2,752 Posts

When we bought our club car (it is a 2015) I wanted to upgrade from 8 to 10 inch tires and the salesman at Villages Golf Carts told me it wouldn’t be a problem. When I drove the cart home from the store I quickly realized it would be a problem since the tires were rubbing inside the wheel wells every time I hit a bump or turned the wheel sharply. Instead of going back to 8 inch wheels, I decided to put in a two inch lift kit to make room for the larger tires. The lift kit makes the cart look rather sharp and unique, but stiffened up the ride. The club car is now about an inch higher than our Yamaha. Our Yamaha has never scrapped a tunnel, but the front passenger side edge of the club car roof can just barley scrap the rounded edge of the tunnels north of 466 off of Buena Vista Blvd. if we are not careful to enter/exit the tunnel toward the middle.

The strangest tunnel event I witnessed was the person that was coming home (presumably from a big box store) with a good sized Christmas tree tied to the roof of their golf cart. It didn’t work out well when they hit the tunnel.