View Single Post

Old 03-10-2009, 01:12 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
to watch the market every day. Yes we are in information over load, significantly embedded with mis-information and purposeful omission.
It is well know the media is not in the good news business, first and foremost. Second the media is so blatantly biased; it borders being criminal what they exclude or do not include to keep their position and favor in place.
And of course it is in their best interest and the interest of the parties they represent/favor to induce fear. Fear, is what keeps people glued to their media source....so when they hear the sky is falling they can get an update how close it is to them.
You hear 8% unemployment sets a 25 year record low...OK...how about the 92% still working? Foreclosures are up 50% over last year...if true that could mean they are all the way up to 3%...what about the 95%+++that are doing just fine?
And on and on and on.
If ones information input is limited to network media, you are so very handicapped to not be able to conclude anything but bad.

For those in the minority numbers, they get the best coverage. For those in the majority as usual you wind up with squat.

Throw in a major dose of partisan political banter, which is nothing but bad and going to worse...which keeps people frightened and fear is the catalyst politicians work the hardest as it allows working their agenda.

Top it off with today's politically correct, permissive pacifist, don't upset any body or group and there you have it....GARBAGE!!!!!

Just like the out put of effort by our lawmakers in Washington. What a pity. Our proud America being led to decline...yes being LED to decline.
That is the only change I see.

BTK
The fear is a major factor but I can't blame it all on the media. When Warren Buffet says "the economy fell off a cliff" I am not reaassured. Our President changes focus everyday. it's like he's swatting at flies.Today it was education... yesterday it was stem cell research.... the day before it was healthcare reform... you can go back in the past 2 weeks and there was a different headline issue almost everyday. My fear level rises when The President appears out of control, lost, like he's flailing about in a sea of issues and he can't stay on the issue of the economy long enough to reassure anybody. Then there is the Secretary of the Treasury... now you know why we are scared. Last niight on CNN Lou Dobbs lost it... he had a major rant over this exact issue. It was not a partisan argument either. he hit the nail on the head.