View Single Post

Old 04-21-2021, 08:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,236 Times in 2,817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
OP, you should be able check golf cart widths on the various company websites, but I am guessing these are either standardized or limited by law, so getting wider seats may very well be limited to the width of the golf cart. IMHO, seats with the thin pipe type arm rests may get you some additional width, the padded ones we have cut down on seating width. I would suggest a trip to each of the major golf cart dealers for a fit test, then look at the alternatives to see if they offer better seating options.

I hope you find what you are looking for.
Good point on the width of seats. One thing I would add is that if you are wide, and especially have wide shoulders, then the bucket type seats might be too narrow for you. The El Tigre bucket seats in our Yamaha are too narrow for my shoulders. Our Club Car has Ultimate seats, which are a a very soft padded bench style seat, which does not constrain my shoulders like the bucket seats. Every type of seat fits a different body type, it is best to try the seats before buying. We have a friend with a Yamaha Quiet tech and I am not sure what brand of seat he has in the cart, but that is the seat that will be in our next cart, it's more comfortable than the seats in our cars.