View Single Post

Old 04-22-2021, 09:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
"When a large portion of the population doesn't trust the Government or the Press." I'm not sure if it has gotten worse or we just think it has.

The civil war. Trust of government? While it is spun, politically corrected in public indoctrination. Half the country was under a government led by Jefferson Davis and the other half led by Abe Lincoln. The press spun the side they supported.

I recently read a book about the Wright brothers complete with letters etc. The first powered flight was 1903. It was a world story. France and Italy were both leaders.
The Wright brothers did not use the current term,"fake news," but they did complain that newspaper reporters wrote things that they had no idea what they were saying. They complained that reporters fed on other reporters misinformation and they complained
about since it was a world competition about reporters and a nationalistic bias.

Much of what people scream about is nothing new. A lot of it has never and will never be resolved. In the end things will never be perfect. Reality, things are pretty good.
Our press feeds on confrontation. That too has always been so. My opinion, having studied journalism, ethics of the press have deteriorated dramatically.
It is what it is, and BTW, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.