Thread: Censorship
View Single Post

Old 04-23-2021, 08:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,916 Times in 919 Posts
Default TopSpinmo and OBB are the most perceptive posters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I find it funny that so many think they are right and those are wrong when they have no more knowledge of the so called facts than anybody else.
True! Most everyone on here would flunk both philosophy and psychology 101. . .

There is no such concept as facts and truth, there are just common perceptions, which like minded groups call facts. But everyone as an individual experiences life as a unique individual, like every lie in golf is unique in distance, angle, and blades of grass. Likewise, everyone has a unique viewpoint, not a fact, but a perception, which is why humans are so unique as compared to the animal kingdom. Is it possible for 100,000 animals to sit during an athletic conference in a stadium and not eat each other?

Humans don't eat each other, but we share alot of similarities with the animal kingdom in fights for dominance, for survival, and for safety. . .

OBB is more philosophical and perceptive that most give her credit. . . if you have ever been to high level corporate sensitivity training, which i have more than once, you will better understand what she says. I was at one in March. . led by a black lawyer from DC. . . do you know what one of the biggest decisions non white parents or mixed racial parents have to make about the future of their child(ren) for success?

The child's name!
Why? because of the employment discrimination on how a name is perceived. They have to use white anglo saxon names to pass the resume test, and they struggle with their decision as a life long potential mistake.. . and this struggle did not come from the leader of the training but from the participants, with whom I work on a daily basis.

When was the last time in your career your first name was a liability to interview and a job? If not, that is what white privilege is all about, what you have never experienced, but others have, and because you have not, you haven't had to realize the extent of inherent bias in America for differences between the past and the present.

Bias is everywhere, its a product of being human and a sense of security from experiences, and a desire for dominance/control/herding of similar perceptions. .. . .

Words Matter - YouTube

sportsguy