View Single Post

Old 04-25-2021, 08:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,929 Times in 923 Posts

OK, will comment as Coach K (wife) and Sportsguy (cabana boy) are in a similar position.

What's your health care payment/insurance strategy for the next 10 years?
What's your current employable skill set in the middle of rural Florida?
What's your remote skill set for working at home and then playing golf in the afternoon?

What weekend activities do you love currently?

So your finance guy has a prediction, based on a conservative set of assumptions with an actual annual execution budget? Have you and your finance guy created an actual finance execution plan starting now?

So I work in corp finance, not much different at times, and have lots of skepticism of high level blanket powerpoint exclamations and actual financial execution of said powerpoint concepts. I have been an execution killjoy to some high level executives dreams.

So if not, I suggest that you do, so that you can see if you actually understand the expenses of retiring early, and what parttime or health care insurance you need to actually execute, remembering that most likely your current healthcare insurance needs are highly subsidized by your employer, and will not be the same in TV, as generalized by your finance guy. .

If you need execution financial planning TV specific numbers, there are many posts here giving reasonable numbers. . .

so, interested in your answers

finance guy