View Single Post

Old 03-11-2009, 07:47 PM
Administrator

First of all, let me explain that I think IslandGirl's request for "positive and negative" reports is genuine and sincere and not in the least inflammatory.

We want open and frank talk here on Talk of The Villages, but we ask that you be cautious with posting harmful material about those who cannot respond. I have to confess this was brought to my attention right here on this forum. I had never thought previously about medical professional not being able to respond until I read a post here on Talk of The Villages.

I will quote from a post by serenityseeker in another thread.
Defaming a physician, even if its only your "opinion" is hurtful and dangerous, and potentially damaging to professionals that deal with difficult people in some of the most difficult circumstances life has to offer. Many of these patients may in fact have emotional problems that affect their ability to give or receive communication normally, or to honestly and accurately portray the situations they deal with. Who is going to be able to tell the difference?
You can see the entire post and thread at the following link.

serenityseeker's comments

I know Jan and Darrel agree with me and want you to express yourself, but we also want you to carefully consider what you are posting. Read the excellent post by serenityseeker before you post.