View Single Post

Old 04-27-2021, 02:06 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,341 Times in 1,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by llaran View Post
finally someone mentioned the turnpike noise. also be aware of flood zones where you may need flood insurance, blasting from the quary and loud speakers from the prison
You speak like you know all of the southern villages. Turnpike noise is not heard all through the southern villages, as far as I know not any flooding down here like there is in the northern villages, remember Irma and how the tunnels up there were flooded, etc. not down here. I have lived here for 4 years and have never heard a loud speaker from the prison, the quarry blasts are once every 6 weeks or so and last a maximum of 2 seconds, most people down here have never felt one. The nearest railroad tracks are on the western side of 301 unlike the northern villages. It's very peaceful south of 44 and most of those that bought homes on the east side near the turnpike knew it was there before they purchased their homes. I'm a very light sleeper and like peace and quiet, if there were the kind of noises you talk about near my home I would have moved long ago.