View Single Post

Old 04-27-2021, 08:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Doesnt sit well with me when the guy who introduces the legislation is employed by the people it is designed to help.

Be interesting to see if he gets reelected, sure will not get my vote.
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
[/B]

He won't get my vote either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Apparently there is a belief that one legislator controls the entire State.....there were 122 Yea votes and 35 Nay votes in the House and Senate, and that one person represents The Villages.....really? Most of those do not represent us. How will you deal with those that were of the same mind (knowledge) of what the increases would mean? Oh wait, the Developer controls them right?
Agree with JoMar.

Here are the sponsors of the Bill.....as a Sumter County residents I don't believe we can vote for them.

Rep. Nick DiCeglie of Pinellas County, the House bill sponsor, said “a relief valve” would exist for local governments that can convince voters of a need to go higher.

A companion bill is expected to sail through the Senate under the sponsorship of Sen. Joe Gruters, R-Sarasota, who is chairman of the Florida Republican Party.