View Single Post

Old 04-28-2021, 07:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,734 Times in 5,252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncosap View Post
As a likely future resident, i am simply not understanding the demand for single family homes vs Condominiums, and yes im well aware that there are simply no Condo's or HOA's in TV.
Please convince me that, as a resident of TV, your choice of a home, at age 55+, with the burden of maintenance (roof, painting, grass, sprinklers, cable, etc) has been a good decision, vs what a condo may similarly provide, with an HOA fee.
I feel that you either pay for your amenities through a CDD, and home maintenance by check book, or both of these through an HOA, the total costs being a toss up.
I would love to get feedback to help me figure this dilemma out.
I agree. I would rather have a condo, and I have considered moving somewhere else to buy one. But, regarding cost, I don't think it is a toss up. Condo fees are typically more expensive than living in a single family house in The Villages. The overall cost of living here is cheaper than anywhere else I have lived. But, I wish The Villages would provide more maintenance, such as lawn maintenance, irrigation, exterior painting, roofing, etc. Other Florida communities offer these services.