View Single Post

Old 04-29-2021, 11:43 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtennent View Post
We are hard core cruisers (30+ cruises all over the world and on different size ships) and have booked to go again in the coming year. I am a strong advocate that everyone who boards the ship be vaccinated unless there is a valid medical reason not to be vaccinated. In that case, the person should be tested every couple of days since they probably will be going ashore. Of course, if they have a valid medical reason not to be vaccinated, they probably should avoid cruising altogether.
I agree entirely. What may make the difference is when ports require vaccination. I doubt if they will separate cruises into vaccine-reuire and vaccine-optional. Too much work. Better to err on the side of health and caution and just require everyone to be vaccinated.

Its a bit amusing when people make comments on social media and never cruising again if they have to get a vaccine, or that they are going to boycott a particular cruise line. They are taking an international health crisis as a personal attack on their freedoms.