View Single Post

Old 04-29-2021, 12:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,876 Times in 950 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Some of these people give me food for thought and that makes it worth going, not to mention if the dinner is in a good restaurant we have wanted to try.

Do think it is wrong to make an appointment and not show up. Better to just tell them you are not interested in further discussions.
We were supposed to learn, you get nothing for nothing. So many opportunities. One I recall was from match books-FREE STAMPS. They got me with that one. Perhaps of more local interest at about 13 I sent in a coupon from a bus for great land deals in Florida. They were really hounding me. I was wealthy. My income at 13 was my allowance. It was less than a dollar a week. Took my dad telling them I was 13 till they stopped calling.

Those free diner things. Hum, perhaps they have stopped or perhaps they target people who have just moved in. Selling investments that way. We may think we are immune but we are not. They are planned. You show up for the diner. They start their sales pitch. You will not leave you are there for the free diner. After diner, and a bit more of their sales pitch they hand you a form to fill out. It is shocking how much VALUABLE information people will FREELY give to them. Name, age, address, cell number, your net worth, where your money is now etc etc etc. We protect your information. Next time you go to a free protected information seminar, misspell your name. It is then easy to see that they are selling your information. It is worth far more than what the diner costs them.

I think it was my aunt who corrected my file on SPOKEO. Surveys, I never give out correct information. At one time due to some survey another survey where I supplied false information, it stated I am well over 150 years old and am still doing surgery and have more money that Buffet and Gates combined.