View Single Post

Old 04-30-2021, 10:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky& View Post
I finally got over to see the “new” Mulberry dog park. Frankly I’m surprised & disappointed. Yes it has a shaded covering and more places to sit, newer fences & landscaping. The dogs don’t need or care about that.
How about a small pond, elevated areas, sand to play in, tires to walk through or around, blocks to climb on- ones cubes and ones with holes cut out, weave poles, a small dog house or fire plug for a cute addition. Who designed this? It’s a grass museum. Why not put the effort from designing recreation centers or new area to build and sell in into our dog parks.
It is two fenced in grassy areas. Nothing to brag about in my opinion, although it is heralded in the paper about three times a week.
Dogs deserve SO much more, and frankly SO do we.
I do love dogs. I have never been to a dog park. I watch people on Judge Judy talk about them.

I think everyone who lives here has something or other they would like "bettered up". For me I would like to have a wall pencil sharpener in the art room.

However, I know that if each of us got our;

Community indoor pool. *used about eight weeks a year.
Charging stations for electric golf carts. * used by less than half of population.
Nicer dog parks * used by a large part of the population, but they cost MONEY.
etc. etc.

Then the bills to US will go up.up.up. We are watching this take place now on a national level.