View Single Post

Old 04-30-2021, 03:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurboViper View Post
Recently had a "prescription" filled as I do often for a 90 day supply of "Trelegy Inhaler" which administers single does (30) from each inhaler. I have been getting this inhaler for the last 2 years with no problem until this week

I had requested a 90 day supply ( 3 inhalers / 30 does each inhaler) as I have done many times before but now after going over to TRY and correct the problem was told I need to change prescription on "quanity" from 90 to 180 in order to get "3" inhalers.

I told the lady at counter (after calling I went over there) that I wanted THREE..... not ONE inhalers since I was getting it for 90 days and the fact that I had always gotten 3 at a time (90 day supply) every other time but she REFUSED to give me more than "one" even as I had called Dr back to again tell them I wanted 3 NOT ONE !!

She told me to call Dr back and request 180 in "quantity" instead of 90 which made absolutely no sense and until now have never had a problem getting it filled for 90 day period.

It ceases to amaze me as much as I argued with her how stupid this was and have since switched pharmacy's and will no longer get my prescriptions filled at Walmart. Also the fact that my wife was supposed to get 90 pills one time and got home and there were only 30.... but after returning they did make up the difference.

Just want people to be aware of watching what's going on as Walmart among other GIANT retailers are not to be taken for granted. I still cannot understand how I was told to change my "quantity" for 90 to 180 when there are only 90 individual does!!

Has common sense completely gone out the window?
Re: common sense.
So many of us go through the same thing. I assume are on medicare. The medicare preferred suppliers are a very mass huge retailer, the one you mention.
Two grocery stores that sell drugs and a drug store that sells groceries. Your prescription, generic? Who knows where it is made? Who checks that it is what it says it is? You are betting your health on a long chain of????????

Welcome to mass medicine. On medicare, even your doctor is told what he/she can charge and they are told they must see 4 patients an hour. That is 15 minutes each