View Single Post

Old 04-30-2021, 04:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

I went through hell with medicare. I went to publix they were polite an helpful. They told me turned down by medicare. I called medicare about an hour on the phone. They too were helpful concerned etc. I was told the issue was a prescription I had for a similar product item. It was due to expire in three weeks and I should put this in again it three weeks. Ok I told Publix that. They waited the three weeks put it in again and it was again denied by medicare. Medicare told me Publix was putting it in wrong and they told me I should go to another preferred supplier. Ok so I went to Walgreens. Stated in another post not a grocery selling drugs but a drug store selling groceries. They too were very nice. Got yet another prescription from my doctor, this one to Walgreens. Yet another week delay. Walgreens, reminder you do not talk to the bureaucrat who deals with medicare. Walgreens told me denied by medicare. I called the manufacturer and they gave me the names of mail order suppliers. Yup another prescription from my doctor. Yup another week delay. And that is how it took THREE MONTHS to get a product that the medicare book says is covered.
Surely, most people who are not as stubborn as I am give up.