View Single Post

Old 05-03-2021, 08:00 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICH1 View Post
Never use PAYPAL.....PayPal will also tell you Never use PayPal and explain to you how the scam works!
Wait a minute!!!!!! I use PayPal all the time for multi-thousand dollar purchases. The problem is not PayPal, but a fake PayPal called International PayPal or something. If a real PayPal account sends money to your account, it is in your account. It’s yours. You have the money and they don’t. Still, cash is nice. Cashier’s checks have lots of problems, too. Those who meet at a bank and accept the check from the bank employee are okay. It’s fake cashier’s checks that are the problem.

In some areas lots of people are using something called VenMo. (Short for Vend More—sell more.) it’s like PayPal. I guess it’s very good and fast for things like paying a babysitter. I don’t know about large purchases. I haven’t used it, but I have a friend who does.

Western Union money orders have been very problematic and should probably be avoided. If local buyers can go to the effort and expense of buying a Western Union money order, they can get you cash.

If you ever get an email purportedly from PayPal telling you to click below and update your password, or card number, or whatever, DON’T. EVER. Go to PayPal online. If you need to do something, there will be a notice telling you. PayPal may send you a message asking you to do it, but they won’t send a link for you to click.