View Single Post

Old 05-03-2021, 12:12 PM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by brfree1411@aol.com View Post
Does, crew, port personnel & all passengers have vaccination proof? If yes, there is still at least a 5% chance of getting virus. Although, my husband & I have loved cruising many times, it is not worth taking the chance. I will wait.
Know the facts .... you are saying 1 in every 20 people WILL GET COVID.. I have no idea where you got those stats from....

According to the CDC----the COVID infection rate among those fully vaccinated is 0.008%. Actually, the CDC reports 5,814 breakthrough cases out of 85 million vaccinated, which by math is 0.00694%

"Last week, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported 5,814 breakthrough cases out of more than 85 million people fully vaccinated in the U.S. Public health experts said those numbers show how well the vaccine protects you"

Translation: Only 1 in 13,000 people who were fully vaccinated got COVID, and probably fewer than that could "pass it on" which means even on a Mega-Ship like oasis class, it is ONE person in every TWO fully booked cruises. And they probably won't even know they had it!

Last edited by Tmarkwald; 05-03-2021 at 12:25 PM.