View Single Post

Old 05-03-2021, 05:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiverpoolWalrus View Post
Chasing Amy was there last night. I tell you this...since the squares reopened, whenever the Hooligans, Spasmatics, Johnny Wild, and to a lesser extend Rocky and the Rollers play the squares, they are jammed packed, no matter the night of the week.

I'm sure Chasing Amy are a talented and dynamic band that have something to please everyone in the Top 40 "party band" genre. However, I'm noticing that most Villagers (and those who live in the surrounding areas) have discerning musical taste. They/we seem to want something a little different than generic top 40 party music. Not sure why that is. My guess is we've all heard those songs thousands of times before and perhaps the tunes have gotten a little stale?

Not criticizing Chasing Amy at all. I checked out their videos on Youtube and they're perfectly fine, but perhaps that type of music is overrepresented in the Villages. Just my take. I'm a sucker for talking about anything to do with music!
I like Chasing Amy but the band that I like that has the biggest crowd time after time is Rocky and the Rollers, have never seen bigger crowds than what they get.