View Single Post

Old 05-03-2021, 08:20 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidCovid View Post
Hello and thanks for reading -

Not sure if I'm very unlucky or there are a lot of bad drivers in The Villages, but I have almost been hit twice in the last four months and interested in any suggestions on purchasing and mounting a car camera - dash cam for my vehicle and possibly even my golf cart. '

I hate to say it, but the day that I do get hit, I get this feeling that the other driver is going to blame me and I'm looking to protect myself. Looking for a camera that is battery operated (without cord) and the video is linked to the cloud.

Thanks for your time and help. David
I have been running dash cams since that Meteor in Russia in 2013. I had to catch a Meteor! I actually have caught two....

Anyway, in the subsequent years, I've had 4 different cameras in my cars.

The latest and by far the best is the BlackVue DR900S-2CH

It is 4k Front, 1080p rear. I've been running one of them a little over 2 years, the other for about a year. Not a problem with either. I have one in my car and one in my wife's car.

Great cameras. Not cheap, but they mount nice and are great for using with your phone too.

I've been thinking about getting one for the carts. I would get a cheapo for that. My first cam was a G1W and it's cheap enough that if someone stole it out of a cart, I wouldn't be that upset. Decent image quality, cheapo controls and sorta hard to figure out beyond just turning it on and letting it rip.

Other folks have good luck with Nexbase. I have no experience with those.