View Single Post

Old 05-03-2021, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advogado View Post
While you are a former finance guy, I am a former corporate lawyer who used to have to review business plans and cut through the unrealistic assumptions that you finance guys would make.

As I have stated in the past, my figure of “hundreds of millions” is not an exaggeration. In a nutshell, while the exact amount of the impact fees that the Developer should be paying cannot be calculated without an impact study, it is instructive to look at what he would pay in Collier County, which has done the study for a retirement community's impact on county infrastructure. In that County, the Developer would pay more than $20,000 more per house than he pays here. Go to the Collier County website for proof.

The Developer is going to build 60,000 additional houses here. 60,000 houses x $20,000/house = $1.2 billion value to the Developer from his sweetheart impact fee (and cost to the current residents). Furthermore, the $1.2 billion does not include the amount the Developer gets from the sweetheart fee on his commercial buildings.

But you are right, the 75% road-impact fee increase was not enough to total what the Developer should be paying. In addition to roads, the Developer needs to pay an impact fee for other county infrastructure, like fire, ems, police, libraries, parks, government buildings, etc. He would have to pay it in Collier County, where he doesn't control the County Commission. He, and not the current residents, should be bearing the cost here. If you were following the news, you would know that our new County Commissioners have voted to conduct an impact-fee study regarding those additional infrastructure items. However, the Developer appears to have out maneuvered our new Commissioners in Tallahassee.

Bottom line: if anything, my figure of "hundreds of millions” is far from an exaggeration. It may well be an understatement of the benefit to the Developer and the cost to the residents.

BTW, what do you think of Hage's actions?
Come on, in one previous post you told me you were a SA for the FBI in New Jersey. Now a corporate lawyer? Hundreds of millions include homes that have not been built at a rate that no one, including the current commissioners in Sumter County, have ever stated is the correct amount. Again, your numbers don’t add up. As far as Hage, all politicians listen to businesses in the area they represent. If there is a specific law he violated please report it to the appropriate authorities.

It is amazing that people are shocked that politicians are influenced by businesses. I guess labor unions and teachers unions don’t do the same thing or worse. Trial lawyers have no influence right? How about, never mind…I am sure you stopped listening.