View Single Post

Old 05-04-2021, 08:32 AM
Veteran member

I just read through the 12 pages of this thread. Whew! I especially appreciated (because I learned a lot) those posters who validated their views with the sources they based their views on. A far cry from those whose postings are nothing more than what sounds like (and I could be wrong) defensive personal opinions.

There is nothing funny about Covid-19, especially to the millions of victims and their families, even it they make up such a small percentage of total population. I had two persons very close to me (and two others more casual friends) who died of this horrific disease, leaving their families devastated.

But I can already imagine the kind of stand-up that will eventually come, possibly along the lines of part of these posts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinklesweep View Post
....I can get overwhelmed by too much complicated information, and it’s at times like this—vaccine or no vaccine, masks or no masks, social distancing or not—that I ask myself:

“What would be the choices of such publicly known figures as American businessman Herman Cain, US Congressman-elect Luke Letlow, East African nation Tanzania President John Magufuli, actress Cloris Leachman, baseball star Tom Seaver, and others to these questions?”....
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
Huh-Herman Cain has past away. I would not ask him. I could not ask him....
After reading the second post, I reread the first, and did a little homework. All the persons mentioned had died of Covid—or at least Covid was a factor. The poster said nothing about asking the victims but instead asking himself or herself if those victims would still be alive if they had a different attitude and made different choices about the seriousness of Covid. At least that’s what I take from it.

Remember we survived “the trampling on our civil liberties” when seat belts became mandatory. We will survive Covid too (though not Cain, Leflow, Magufulu, Leachman, and Seaver—and millions of others).