Thread: Mini split
View Single Post

Old 05-04-2021, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post
I hope this is helpful.

I was deployed to Afghanistan where tens of thousands of mini splits are used to cool everything from housing 'units' to medium offices. They were used since no ducting was required. This is a horrible environment for mini splits. The dust and mud never ends.

Contracting purchased mini splits based on specs, warranty, and cost. So many BTUs, one year warranty, at the lowest cost. The ones that met these requirements were Chinese with bushings (some plastic) at the friction points whereas the old stock Mitsubishi units with bearings ran for years. The Chinese models ran about 2 years. You couldn't tell the difference by looking at them.

Mr. Cool is a DIY brand. I considered it. I could of save 2K by DIY. I am frugal but not foolish. My two ton Mitsubishi will be installed tommorow by Munn's. They were Cheaper by 200.00. 4.5K all in.
Interesting....I got a quote from Munn's this February for a two ton Mitsubishi installed in my garage and it was closer to $5,700. Very minimal distance to electrical panel and very short distance for refrigerant lines. Wonder why such a huge price difference? Was yours the highest seer rating Mitsu model? I got the same unit thru Kalos but still not as quite as good a price as you.