View Single Post

Old 05-05-2021, 10:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
I received a (random ?) letter from someone named "Joey" stating that it was a "pen pal" experiment to see if he would get any responses from residents of The Villages. He said he simply chose random addresses from a google map of The Villages since he had been here many times to visit his grandparents who live off Rain Lily Loop, and said he knows seniors often enjoy getting letters. Also stated he recently graduated from Kennesaw State U. in Ele. Ed. and has been teaching 4th grade in an Atlanta suburb (didn't say which one). He did give his address as 918 Highbury Lane, Marietta GA. Said he enjoys getting mail and dialogue with others, states he is not by any means a scammer and is not asking for money or anything like that, just purely a pen pal experiment.

First time I have ever received anything like this, wondered if anyone else got a letter like this, or has ever gotten anything like this ? Strange part was, all this information but no last name.... I would have thought if actually a teacher and knew The Villages due to having grandparents here, he would have made it a point to put last name ??? What you any of you make of this ? Any one out there live on Rain Lily Loop and have a neighbor who has a grandson who just graduated from Kennesaw State ( I am familiar with that university) and teaches 4th grade ? ?
With so many scams out there I would not get involved. Teasing a bit but my delete button seems to be wearing out.

You can if you wish research what that address is complete with pictures. Google, realtor.com, Zillow. You can easily get a phone number on line telephone directory.
Who or what it is? Perhaps, some kid doing a term paper wondering percentage that will reply by age group.

My view, I would be lost without my computer however part of the price of having a computer, a cell phone is a loss of privacy.