View Single Post

Old 05-05-2021, 03:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOTV Team View Post
These are all great comments and feedback. The thought was the information is available online at news sites, in the news paper and on the internet through funeral home sites. The section is voluntary and only if someone wanted to post something on the site. TOTV would not be posting any user content. The amount of information would be up to the original poster. They could only put a name or a picture or whatever they wanted to post. But it is an opportunity for users to pay tribute to their friends and family.

We welcome all feedback as always and look forward to hearing from users on this.
I think your idea is a good and honorable and kind one. If the funeral is past and the person is someone that this forum knows then I see this as a good remembrance.

We have to remember too that many people think Facebook is a dangerous place. (I am beginning to think that is partially right after their ruling today,) but many people miss out a wonderful way to communicate with others when they don't use Facebook. Many people are truly paranoid about privacy. Everyone is entitled to their views.

Almost all people on this Forum have screen names. I would think that they do not want people to KNOW who they really are. That allows a lot of flexibility and sometimes meanness in their posts. That is another issue.

I am a constant student of human behavior and never cease to be surprised.