View Single Post

Old 05-07-2021, 09:38 AM
Default Dmv

Having recently moved here from another FL County, I went to the County Bldg on Powell to change my address, and renew my tag that was expiring soon at the DMV. I was stopped at the desk in the Lobby to answer why I was there today. My name was taken, and told I would be called soon. About ten minutes later I was called to the desk, and asked what I needed done. I was then told I would have to make an appointment, and told what documentation I would need to change my License address. After my license address was updated, then I could go through the "drive thru" to do my other business (renew my tag). I was assigned an appointment for the next afternoon, and told to check in at the lobby desk ten minutes early.
The next day I showed up, and "checked in". I was called, and instructed to go down the hall to the DMV and check in at the desk there. I did. I was given a number and told to wait till my # (mine was next) and Station number was announced on the large screen, and PA (just like the "old" days).
Once in at the DMV station (only 2 stations were operational) the woman was great (and was nice enough to also renew my tag without a word that I could go through the "drive thru"). I thanked her profusely.
Sorry such a long post....but a lot of extra steps, and time, to do stuff that used to be simple.