View Single Post

Old 05-08-2021, 07:18 AM

The way I see it is no matter who mandates the rules, it is the cruise lines business and their employees that dictates their decisions. Not sure, legally, what control DeSantis has over federally owned US ports. The CDC guidelines are just that. I had a cruise planned for the Baltics on a luxury cruise line in September. The cruise line cancelled our cruise last week. Six of the nine countries have their borders closed. They are doing a test run on one ship in the Mediterranean in August to see what happens. They said they may sail that one ship as long as their are no outbreaks. They said all passengers and crews, 100 % must be vaccinated. Most countries they will visit have a mask mandate. This is a world wide dilemma. Like everything else, a new frontier that needs to be dealt with an abundance of caution. I personally, would not board a ship unless everyone was vaccinated. It would eliminate 95% of the risk of an outbreak and avoid the need to wear a mask or social distancing. Still have to look at the risk once you get off the ship in the ports you visit. Maybe the cruise lines should market their sailings with itineraries that are “vaccinated” only passengers and other itineraries where “ unvaccinated passengers” only. What a great way to test whether it really matters or not! Then everybody will be happy and they capture 100% of future cruisers business!