View Single Post

Old 05-09-2021, 06:21 AM
Veteran member
Default Statistics and unemployment

as a smaller businessman, I was there for able to employ an economics professor to help me run my business, but I did tend to rely on all the statistics that are out there you tell me whether I should continue investing or pull back and save money in the bank for a bad economy. There are a lot of simple numbers out there, car sales are one, home sales are another, these are called leading , indicators as they are good indications of current actual business levels, unemployment and inflation levels are not leading indicators because they are what happens after the fact when too much money is pumped into the economy, or we've had major world events causing businesses to stop growing. Inventory, hotel prices, airline costs, and gasoline are the things to look at. We've had major distortions because restaurants have closed and people are getting too much money so they aren't working. It's pretty well obvious that everybody that doesn't have their head stuck in sand what the real problems are.