View Single Post

Old 05-09-2021, 02:36 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts
Default Played Sarasota with three nice folks today...

pleasant and friendly....problem...you had a mother(who's been playing a couple of months)giving her daughter(no experience)giving her lessons on about every hole and every shot...they and a gentleman with an okay swing playing from the black tees.

I've no problem waiting for folks who have age, coordination or lack of knowledge playing and am happy to watch them attempt the impossible(golf), but three healthy people who are intentionally making the game even more difficult is beyond my 55+ years of understanding.

Now I'm still patient and understanding and congratulate fine shots, but hitting multiple tee shots just because you didn't like the previous shots...and people behind you are waiting would tempt the patience of Job.

It pains me to see folks who have no real knowledge of the golf swing try to instruct a beginner. It makes me gag to watch the man trying to give the young lady(whose ball is beyond the green) on the finer points of chipping while a group is on the tee waiting to tee off. I give a short whistle and mention they should continue to play. The mother says there's no hurry. I say that's not true and it's improper to make people wait on the tee even if the next tee still has golfers. She tells me she is in no hurry and that she's trying to have a relaxed time. I explain that golf etiquette doesn't take her desires into play when others are waiting.

Now to playing music on the golf course from your cart...NO, NO, NO! If you need to hear music on the course might I suggest a bone conduction bluetooth headset. The man had music coming out of his phone for 9 holes. By the second tee I asked him to please lower the volume....he said no problem. Turned it down for about 15 seconds and then turned it right back up. To those who think it's all about their desires....if you're playing golf(exec or championship)playing music on the course is a NO NO! It's GOLF...not your house or car. You've decided to play a sport that requires certain rules of etiquette so that ALL people can enjoy the game. If you're too self centered to understand this then take up sleeping.