View Single Post

Old 05-11-2021, 07:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevision View Post
Hi, I'm moving to The Villages and am wondering if there are any really good restaurants there or only chains? What are the best and favorites. It seems like places don't last long there which is interesting to me.
I am sad to say that in my opinion, many restaurants here have gone down in a lot of areas in the past ten years. When the developer was in charge of places like Cane Garden and the Lighthouse, they were MUCH better. Lots of reasons, people do not want to pay a lot to eat out and that means some unskilled help. Also the dependence of many on pre-made components to meals is not always good.

The restaurant business historically has never been a huge success. See here;

Restaurant Profitability and Failure Rates: What You Need to Know | FSR magazine

People like food they recognize – that’s why chain restaurants are successful! It’s All About Trust. People trust chain restaurants. Being familiar with a menu, and seeing a familiar logo creates the trust and loyalty needed for a successful business. A lot of chain dining establishments are well conscious of this reality.

Last edited by graciegirl; 05-11-2021 at 08:45 AM.