View Single Post

Old 05-13-2021, 07:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
Angie - first of all, I do understand the frustration of the Sumter residents who live outside of the Villages. I get that they hate all of this development.

I hope I didn’t call anyone names. I quoted what you and your husband said. And I said it’s good to know where your commissioners head is at when it comes to YOUR priorities. This blog is Talk of the Villages. The YOUR refers to Villages residents.

I also agree things work better when you can listen to each other and work to understand. I do want that in a commissioner. I really wish the EMS team would listen to and try to work with South Sumter residents, Villagers, and The Developer. . Not because I want The Developer to take advantage of Sumter County residents, but because understanding and compromise can be a good thing.
I don't.

What do you think they are most frustrated with? The thousands of jobs that have been created? The new retail stores and shopping opportunities? Perhaps the Town Squares where anyone can go, shop, eat, and listen to live music for free. Do they hate that Sumter County has gone from the poorest county in Florida to the 12th most affluent in 20-25 years? Do they hate that their property taxes have been REDUCED, yes, reduced----the mileage rate is lower than 25 years ago?

Are you sure you understand their frustration or their jealousy?