View Single Post

Old 05-17-2021, 05:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
When you finish playing the hole put your putter away and clear the area. As I understand the op, the people in front of them did not clear but stayed by the side of the green....entering a score, discussing the hole, cleaning clubs before putting them into the bag or whatever else was going on. Also, if they were parked next to the green that could mean on the path or actually next to the green. Either way it goes with golfers who don't understand the etiquette or the game or don't care...you know, like raking traps, fixing divots and ball marks.
What I fail to understand is that the group didn't move after someone drove up and asked them to leave the greenside area. And they didn't move when "fore!" was yelled. And they didn't move when a ball came through the area in which they were parked. Perhaps it was the last hole and these people felt they didn't have to move once they were "done"? Or they were suicidal? Or there is more to the story, since there was a verbal interaction from the person who drove up and "asked" them to move? As with most stories of this nature, I'd love to hear the other side.