View Single Post

Old 05-17-2021, 07:42 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Our experience re TV golf... been here over 7 years. Played (primarily) Exec golf 3 to 4 times every week. Math shows that's approx 1,300 rounds over that time. Of course we encountered 'slow' groups ahead. But truly - a very small % where we saw infractions as the OP indicated - moving away from the green etc etc. A few times the Ambassador came by and said there's a backup with some groups ahead but he told them to speed up. This has NOT been an issue for us as it seems to happen so seldom to us. Maybe we're just lucky...

One time about a year ago - I was the guy in trouble with the Ambassador. We were on a par 4 hole #1 at Bacall - about 330 yards to hole. The group ahead had a couple "chopper golfers", and finally when they seemed to be 250 yards down the fairway I decided to tee off. I hit my best drive...ever... right down the middle and had to go 240 plus a 10 yard roll. Yikes. but....it rolled right to the feet of the slowest golfer ahead. She turned around and yelled something with her arms up. I felt bad...but also good...

Apparently the Ambassador was at the green, saw it and she told him. He came to us when the others were teeing off. Friendly warning for me to wait longer - I told him I NEVER drive that far... he laughed and said - great drive, but be careful.

I felt really bad, so drove up to the next Tee to apologize. 3 of the 4 understood and laughed it off - she was still yelling at me "You could have hurt me!!!". Lesson learned by me... my bad.