Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 03-19-2009, 10:06 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I decided to experiment and use the kids at the Salon Professional Hair Academy (teaching facility) for a hair color. Very inexpensive. Wish me luck.
Bare, we're dying to know! (dyeing? lol) How did your hair color adventure turn out? What did you have done? What did you ask them to do? Did your hair turn out the way you hoped it would? Do you have any photos you can share? Was it really inexpensive? Inquiring minds want to know.

The last time I had my hair colored I asked for subtle highlights. I hoped for thin little SUBTLE highlights all over sort of like you used to get with a "frosting cap." Remember those? They were like shower caps with tiny holes all over and the stylist pulled your hair through with something like a crochet hook? And remember how much it hurt? But the results were usually worth the pain, at least that's how I remember it. I tried to explain it to my young stylist, but she had never heard of a frosting cap. I didn't want her to USE one, but I wanted results like I used to get with it, so I kept repeating the words "subtle" and "highlights."

When she was finished my entire head was a strange, shimmery copper color (much like an astronaut's face mask) with bright white skunk stripes all over the top! WIDE skunk stripes. Yikes! I've been afraid to have it colored again. I don't know what to ask for. Apparently the definitions of subtle and highlights have changed over the years. Does anybody know what the new terminology is?
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida