View Single Post

Old 05-21-2021, 08:12 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal44 View Post
I just put a deposit on a lot on danielson loop behind a retention pond in line with hole number 3 on the southern oaks golf course. After placing the deposit, I noticed that there was a light green area on the map which indicates non village property. It is located a little below hole number 5 on the golf course. I asked my salesman what will be put there. He keeps saying he is looking into it.
All he has to do is drive down there and look at it. We rode our bikes thru there on Sunday. The open space has some kind of nasty looking electric transformers or something like that, but nothing tall. They are planning to build houses very close to it. I don't think it would affect your new house on Danielson.

Quote:
Also, wondering if I will hear noise from the tpke.
We rode our bikes along Danielson. The views of the new course are beautiful but some houses may be hit by wayward golf shots from hole #7. Yes, you will hear noise from the turnpike.

We will probably ride our bikes out there on Sunday so we can take some pictures and send them to you if you can describe exactly where your lot is.

Quote:
If I cancel now, I would only lose $2500 versus $10,000. Please help!
In April 2016, we put down $10K to reserve a lot. When we got here in May, we had the option of changing to a different lot or using the money to buy an existing new home, commonly called a 'spec' home. We kept the lot we had reserved, saw a designer on July 9th to finalize our plans for a new house, and moved into the new house Oct 1.

At least that is how things worked five years ago.

Last edited by VApeople; 05-21-2021 at 08:41 AM.