View Single Post

Old 05-26-2021, 01:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

https://trustedhcs.com/

I have been using this group but they also want a fairly regular schedule and come for shifts of four hours or more. It is well worth the money though to get a break.

There are many other such providers too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by safelsen View Post
Hi,
We've been snowbirding in The Villages for many years and love it. When we got home last year, after noticing behavioral and ability changes in my husband, our doctor advised he be evaluated and was he was formally diagnosed with dementia. He is no longer driving and there are many things that he can't do that he used to. However, he's very verbal and still makes jokes and can participate in clubs and activities so I want to come down again for 4 or so months this coming winter.
My questions are: 1. Support groups for him; 2. getting a companion to stay with him if I want to go to a club that he doesn't want to and, finally, 3. if things go downhill rapidly (hopefully they won't), where can I find help?
I did call Visiting Angels as I saw their cars around last year. They want a 4 hour minimum and would prefer a regular schedule. Obviously, if I have to go this route I will but it would be sooooooooooo nice to just be able to call someone to come by for 2 or 3 hours so I could go to pilates or a book club. I was thinking of inviting someone to come down and stay with us in exchange for this type of companionship with him a few hours a week.
Any and all suggestions would be extremely welcome. Thank you!!!