View Single Post

Old 05-26-2021, 04:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,527 Times in 3,112 Posts

Well I went to the Villages Golf Cars for a freebie lesson on how to set the clock. Turns out I was doing it right, I just wasn't holding the buttons down long enough.

The backlight is definitely the wiring, but this thing can also connect to the oil sensor, the gas sensor, and a bunch of other things. I might as well have it work correctly rather than just fix the wires for the backlight only. And the speedometer needs to be recalibrated since it's saying I'm going 2mph slower than I really am.

Meanwhile, I knew I needed a new battery (it's a 2016 club car with over 400 miles on it, and the only service it's seen in two years has been a single oil change and spark plug replacement).

So - I'm gonna suck it up and get the whole shebang. It's gonna set me back $270 for belts, lube, checking all the cables attached to everything they attach to, a new battery and cables that connect to the terminals (they're totally corroded), who the heck knows what else, a whole list of things I probably can live without. Plus setting up my Striker to do everything it's capable of doing, correctly, and fixing the governor to go up to 20mph instead of only 19.1mph.