View Single Post

Old 05-28-2021, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
There are other issues with the cart that "could" be left alone, but it hasn't had a service visit since I bought it 2 years ago, and as far as I know it wasn't serviced the year before that either. It's a 2016. So it's definitely overdue for a servicing. And at over 400 miles, it's just about due for a new battery anyway. "Just about due" combined with corrosion = might as well.
It's your money & your peace of mind, so I'm not trying to talk you out of anything. I just want to say that 400 miles is very minor usage in 2 or 3 years and that the mileage has nothing (directly) to do with battery life. It's even possible that the battery may be undercharged if it sits for days/weeks or is only driven for short, infrequent trips. Up north, I had started keeping seasonal equipment on 'smart' maintenance chargers after a few quit accepting a charge following several months of non-use, when they were only a year or 2 old.

Corrosion on the cables is good reason to change them while you have it in for maintenance and you may also want the tech use a spray or 'battery terminal protectors' to prevent corrosion. I've had good luck with the latter especially.