View Single Post

Old 03-23-2009, 09:09 PM
Platinum member

We're on the Virginia #2 hole of Mallory Hill golf course, and we have a bald eagle that comes to the pond occasionally. He/she is amazingly successful at catching fish. A few months ago he/she caught a tasty lunch and was eating it on the grass when some folks walking down the sidewalk on Odell saw him/her and came running across the golf course for a better look, dragging their little doggies behind them. They scared away the eagle, of course. (Folks, please don't harass the wildlife) The eagle has been back since then, so I'm happy.

Shelagh, I have a good friend in Alaska who says they don't let their cats outside, because the bald eagles will catch them and eat them. Apparently the eagles are a real nuisance in her neighborhood. Her cats weigh 15-20 pounds, so it might be a good idea to keep an eye on your 11 pound doggies when they're outside if you're near water or the eagle preserve.

We also have an osprey and a big hawk (red shouldered?) that stop by the pond for dinner. I don't know if they would eat small dogs?
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida