View Single Post

Old 06-01-2021, 08:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,504 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlasowicz View Post
You refer to premium lots in your response. You must be able to afford very high end homes which builders around the country will put in higher materials in high end homes. Working as a skilled trade man with other co workers in trades as electricians pipefitter welders painter and carpenters for 15 plus years I think I can tell if the material is cheap or poor workman ship. I have also been thru several large addition on my home up north. The rate they are building homes here outside (outside the high end ones) you would have to wonder if they substituting cheaper available material the job done. People don't complain probably they don't know any better Your probably the exception
Our first home here before we moved year around was a newly built Designer in Hadley. It was a stick home. Enjoyed it for four years. We had our second home built here. We have friends with the full range of homes and prices and I really haven't heard complaints in fifteen years.

How they build homes here is highly skilled. They have teams of workers who only do certain things. They have the team who digs and lays the rudiments, one who frames, one who drywalls, etc. It is on a precise schedule. On the night before the roofers come, for example, all materials are delivered. Our head builder had them take down tile in the kitchen that I saw no flaw with. When we closed on our first home here, we had a check list of minor things that needed attention. The builder in charge took our list and used his phone and in five minutes the guy arrived with a new bulb for the lamp post. Someone arrived to caulk an area by the sink. Someone else arrived with the sink stopper. Afterwards both times we had minor things that needed attention and they were dealt with immediately. Here is a picture of our first home here. We enjoyed both of them.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Home in hadley.png
Views:	1654
Size:	364.6 KB
ID:	89698