View Single Post

Old 06-03-2021, 05:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrock555 View Post
I am renting a home in the town of Woodbury in Phillips villas(from Down Home Property Mgmt, by the way do not, repeat, do not rent from this company, they are a horror show). Just rented through **** and the owner and it was a pleasure, moved to new location and dealing with this company is a horror. First issue, a cat has taken up residence in the backyard and whines and cries all night long, have not had a good nights sleep since here. The company said they could do nothing. We purposely rented a pet free house as me and my wife are both allergic to cats. Companies answer, well its not in the house so its not their problem, i thought yard was part of house. Animal control said they could capture it, spay and neuter it, then release it back to same location. What is the point. Anyone have any suggestions? I am afraid if i feed it it will never leave but i also dont want it to starve. Second, mail. First place i rented i had access to mailbox at Phillips station. This place(down home property) just informed me today after a week here i have no mail box. Problem is i have had something delivered and USPS said they put it in mailbox. I have no mailbox, the company, Down Home, suggested i wait outside Phillips all day until i see a postal carrier. Calling the post office is useless as all you get is automation that does not answer needed questions. Any suggestions, serious ones, on what to do about cat, and how i can find out how to actually pick up my delivered mail would be appreciated. First month through **** and direct involvement of owner we had a great stay, second month here, mostly due to Down Home Property mgmt, do not use them. it has been one headache after another. Really enjoying the Villages overall but this company is ruining it, there were more issues than these two but these are just the most current two. Sorry for ranting but this is frustrating.
Sometimes when things seem bad we have little tolerance and all seems bad. As far as the cat the old line holds feed a cat and you will have it forever. If the cat looks t be in good shape it is likely someones pet. The Villages radio show will put it out on the air someone is likely looking for it.

As far as your package. I assume you know you got it by a tracker number. There is a phone number for the post office. Call them, you may need patience to get a HUMAN.
Relax-I've found them to be helpful.

I have done the same thing. When, frustrated STOP. There was that best seller book title was Don't Sweat The Small Stuff-In end it is all small stuff.