View Single Post

Old 06-03-2021, 05:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLgirlNow View Post
The cat may be someone's lost pet. Take a photo of it and post on here along with the neighborhood area to see if anyone recognizes it. As far as the mail, I too, have had issues. Go directly to the post office and talk with the post master at your location. That's how I finally got my issues resolved.

And, please don't let the kitty starve or go thirsty. Sounds like it's not leaving so putting out some water and food may stop it from crying at night. It's probably lost or abandoned. I grew up on a farm so I know that a cat will eat pretty much any leftovers, just don't give it chicken bones. Our cats used to also love cooked potatoes and we'd boil potatoes for them, let them cool and give them as a treat for the cats. They'd go after those even before any meat. Put some gravy on the potatoes and that cat most definitely won't ever leave your house! You could probably also take it to a local "no kill" pet adoption facility or they may even come get it. There was one in Seminole Cty where I'm from, but I'm not familiar with this area as I'm also new here. May be one in Ocala or Leesburg.
Re: cat an no kill shelter.
Many years ago, not in florida, we had a cat give birth in our woodpile. I called the ASPCA
and they told me if, I brought them in they would euthanize them. I called a no kill shelter, they wanted ME to pay $85 for the mother and I think it was $25 for each kitten. The mother being a wild cat would not allow me anywhere near them. Looked like 6-7 little fur balls. Some quick math $300 for a problem caused NOT BY ME . Oh and they insisted something like I should bring them into my home for a week. Creative they assumed if I brought them into my home I would be stuck with them.