View Single Post

Old 06-07-2021, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
I am looking at the online version of the June 3, 2021 "The Villages Recreation &Parks" publication. The Clubs section begins on page 41 and appears to have the same information it had in previous weeks. I see category groupings, names, phone numbers, email addresses, and in some cases websites.

Are you referring to some other publication? Does the printed copy not include the last five pages of the online version?

The section in the publication notes that this is not a complete list and directs you to a page on districtgov.org. The referenced document, updated on 5/24/21, is a 185 page, searchable pdf that also includes category (club), names, phone numbers, email addresses, and websites (where available). There might be a better format for online reference but I prefer downloading the information and a searchable pdf is ideal for that.
Thanks for info. At the June 4 Philosophy Club meeting they reported how their meeting was not listed etc., and I later saw the June 3 News. That issue had the classified club directory but omitted the Philsophy Club, Study of Philosophy Group, Civil Discourse, Freethinkers, and Humanist clubs, very strange. I had missed the pdf reference you gave, very helpful. Below is a reply received from the Recreation Dept.

"Our department and staff appreciates the communication from our residents on the recent changes that have occurred with the Recreation & Parks publication. This recent round of changes is a vetting process that our department has been working on over the last several months.

We have revised this section's layout to streamline and categorize the listings, provide a consistent reading experience, make it convenient for residents to find the club or activity, and allow for more club listings and continued growth. We understand that each club has a unique description and meeting time. It can be challenging to fit that into the requirements previously set in our Clubs section. With these changes, each club that wishes to have their information published will have a listed website, social site, or email/phone contact in the event residents would like to find out more information. This allows residents to learn of changes, and get real-time data directly from you. All scheduled activities will continue to appear under the recreation center where it is being hosted, as well as being listed on our Districtgov.org website - www.DistrictGov.org/images/clubslisting.pdf.

Our team has also been researching how technology can play a positive role in providing recreation information from the convenience of your smart phone or computer. We are excited about what the future holds working on this project. Please allow us the opportunity to continue to vet through all the respective areas so the Recreation & Parks publication can continue to be a staple of our community today and in the future.

As far as your comments and suggestions, we will be printing them and reviewing them with the others we have been receiving.
Pam Henry, CPRP

Recreation Manager – Lifestyles, Parks & PR

984 Old Mill Run | The Villages, Florida 32162

Direct: 352.674.1800 | Fax: 352.674-1805

Pam.henry@DistrictGov.org | www.DistrictGov.org"