View Single Post

Old 06-07-2021, 01:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,429 Times in 2,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by philoret View Post
The Recreation News references their website for complete club listing compared to the printed one, but the file is not classified by subject or type of activity, making it hard to discover groups such as Philosophy Club and other civic and educational clubs, Civil Discourse etc. https://www.districtgov.org/images/ClubsListing.pdf
An older copy of the News will show how to classify these.

If News will not improve their listing PDF perhaps Talk of the Villages could improve theirs?
I went back to March in the Recreation news and could not find any listings for Philosophy.

I looked in the pdf and found two, listed in alphabetical order: Philosophy Club on page 129 and The Study of Philosophy on page 160. I would not have have listed the latter under "T" (for "The") but it is in there.

The listings are categorized. For example, to find Crafts scroll down until you get to the "Cr..." on page 54. There you will find Craft - Jewelry Making, Crafts - A Stitch in Time, Crafts - Basket Weaving, etc. The categories are not highlighted like in the Recreation publication, but they are there.

But by far the easiest way to find something you are looking for is the search function of the web browser or pdf viewer.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough